CWFC Fight Night 3: Donnelly v Mestre
FIGHT NIGHT 3 in Beirut next month will feature Cage Warriors debuts for John Donnelly and Domingos Mestre, with the pair set to clash in a welterweight bout in the Lebanese capital.
Donnelly (7-4-0), of Team Ryano in Dublin, was scheduled to take on Warren Kee but the Englishman was forced to withdraw after sustaining a shoulder injury.
Mestre (8-4-0), who’s based in Sweden, has stepped in to take Kee’s place on the February 11 card in Lebanon and will offer a stern test of Donnelly’s credentials. The Portuguese 26-year-old has fought on shows such as KSW and The Zone and holds notable victories over Robert Radomski and Frodi Hansen.
“It’s a great honour for me to be fighting on a Cage Warriors event,” said Mestre. “They are a true European promotion with a great history. So many outstanding fighters such as Dan Hardy, Jeff Monson and Pascal Krauss have fought for them in the past. It makes me proud to be able to get in line with these great champions.”
Donnelly comes into the bout on the back of five successive victories and will be fighting for the first time since February of last year, when he secured a unanimous decision win against Dustin West.
“I’m delighted to finally have John Donnelly making his Cage Warriors debut,” said matchmaker Ian Dean. “He comes to us with a reputation in Ireland for being a dangerous and exciting striker, which is backed-up by the fact that five of his seven wins have come by TKO.
“His debut has been delayed by injury so I know he’s been waiting to get back into the cage and he’ll relish this opportunity. Domingos has a lot of experience on the European scene and trains with some high-level guys at GBG in Sweden. I’m looking forward to seeing how this striker/grappler clash pans out.”